FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amusing email response regarding my inedible sandwich
Old Jan 21, 2011, 5:07 pm
reddawngrl

Originally Posted by jimrpa
I'm actually kind of impressed that they're going to cut you a check for the refund. I would have expected, at most, 1,000 SkyPesos, or something equally useless.
I got a food item of similar lousy quality refunded before. Also got this: In first, I had my cell phone plugged in for charging and when the plane powered down and back up before take off, it shorted my charger. thank goodness not my phone but the charger fried. I emailed asking for $8 to replace the charger. They declined but sent the usual "goodwill gesture" of $100 voucher. Hey, who am I to complain I didn't get what I wanted?

Originally Posted by fti
My lesson is to get something from the airport, make your own sandwich and use the $7 for a sandwich at your destination.
I usually do pack a whole goodie bag or buy something too but we got pressed for time. I very rarely buy food on board. And plus I don't drink.

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Depressed?.. this letter sender should see a psychologist or something. Having a job like that responding to complaints can make a person like the letter sender suicidal.
Agree. I considered emailing the rep back and offering the services of my husband, who is a therapist, but figured it wouldn't get to her.