FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amusing email response regarding my inedible sandwich
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:45 pm
reddawngrl

Amusing email response regarding my inedible sandwich

Here's the complaint I sent: Unfortunately, purchased the turkey breakfast sandwich on croissant for $7.00 and was beyond disappointed. nothing but mayonaise and one slice of 1 mm thin turkey meat that was more fat and gristle than actual meat. This item was inedible. I would ike the purchase price for this mayonaise sandwich refunded pls. thanks. On the other hand, the turkey sliders I had for lunch were decent enough.

Their response: Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the sandwich you purchased onboard. On behalf of everyone at Delta Air Lines, I sincerely
apologize for your disappointment with the quality of the sandwich and
appreciate the opportunity of responding to you.

I am truly sorry for your dissatisfaction with the turkey breakfast
sandwich you consumed on your recent flight. I cannot express how
depressed I am to learn that the sandwich was inedible.
Passenger
comments like yours are critical in evaluating our snack selection, and
our future course of action is based on feedback like you have provided.
Please be assured your concerns will be shared with our Onboard Services
leadership team.

Further, I strongly feel that our Medallion members should not be at a
loss under any circumstances
. Accordingly, I will be requesting a check from our bank in the amount of $7.00. Please allow up to 30 business
days for the check to arrive in the mail.

Ms. reddawngrl, thank you again for writing. Your loyalty as a Platinum
Medallion member means the world to us. You are an integral part of our customer base and we are always interested in your feedback. We deeply value your business and look forward to our continued business
relationship.

Good Lord!!! Brevity and facts only from me and book-length response from them. And it seems she's more distress over the sandwich than I actually was. Thanks for the $7 refund though!