FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Fort Lauderdale [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:17 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Just got back from three nights there. The building in the front facing the ocean was built as the hotel and the building behind it and perpendicular to it
(think of a T ) was built as residences. The big suites are in the back building and probably have nice views but they are not straight on ocean front. According to SPG.com I was originally upgraded to a one bedroom suite and was excited about it. When I checked in I was given a " studio suite " in the front building on the 23rd floor(?) and had a long entry hall, a large single room with a nice bath and the largest balcony overlooking the ocean you can imagine. It had two tables with four chairs each and two lounges and it wrapped around the building. looking up and down the building it looks like the best ocean front room except for the top floor. I asked about the one bedroom suites and they told me I actually had a much better room because of the view. The only problem with the room is that the shower has a glass wall with no curtain so anyone in the room can see you when you shower. Not a problem for me as I was alone but could be for others.

All in all if the weather is nice and you don't really need a separate bedroom and living room it was one of the best rooms ever. Great place to have friends up for a party.