FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lounge Access in SYD" Thread [Merged]
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:46 pm
Asuka
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by RdFltErr
I'll be traveling from Sydney Airport today and realized I need Internet Access and will be getting kicked out of my hotel early.

I am on an international business class ticket to SFO and am hoping to utilize a lounge in the Sydney airport for using the Internet, but...

1) Am not sure if they offer it (and can't find the info anywhere)
2) Am not sure if there are multiple lounges and which one is better

Was wondering if any of you expert flyertalkers might help based on your experience. Wi-Fi is actually the most important part (I have Boingo Global if that matters)!
Wifi is available in the Sydney NZ Lounge, there are little strips of paper with the password to use at the front desk, they seem to change it every now and again.

Speed can be abit shocking depending on how many people are downloading.

{added later}
The main Access Point (for those Technical) is located directly after you walk in, near the common access computer, it is out in open, near the sign in book, you can see the flashing lights, if it's going mad or hard on, it's going to be slow.

Even on the 839 early visit, it's very slow even after the shower.

Once back in my own country, I drop back to 3G data so much quicker.

Shared Lounge, so many flights, it really depends on who wants the next Despite Housewives on their next flight.

Last edited by Asuka; Jan 19, 2011 at 7:28 pm