FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Xian (Xi'an), China [Master Thread]
Old Mar 4, 2002, 4:19 pm
alexwuk

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Not great by any standards.

Bearing in mind that Xian is the middle of nowhere it's OK. It's located outside the town walls (the town is laid our roman style, with the town wall still very much intact), but it's only a 5 min cab ride ($0.20) to the city centre.

I'd rate it at about 3*. All the staff don't really get the concept of westernised living (Generalisation I know, but it's mostly true). If you want a laugh; order a cocktail in the lounge .

The rooms are quite small and basic, but comfortable enough. Thanks to CA; last time I arrived at 3 am, and not having eaten since 8am the previous day, I decided to try room service. Bad idea; food came in, cold, at 4.20 am !

Heads up - you'll need malaria tablets & a Hep. A shot for Xian March - September.

Enjoy the trip - the warriors are great. Also - the town pagoda, right in the main crossroads of the city, let's you ring the town bell 5 times for about $.10 - DO IT!. Mind bendingly loud - throughout the whole city ; great thrill for the price.

Regards,
Alex

[This message has been edited by alexwuk (edited 03-04-2002).]

[This message has been edited by alexwuk (edited 03-04-2002).]