FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NRT baggage storage question and Tokyo nightlife question
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:41 pm
808 Flyer

Programs: Too Many
Originally Posted by koriana
2. Does anyone have any personal experiences at Muse nightclub in Tokyo? My friend recommended it to me, but I'm not so sure, cause the last time I was there, they took me to "gas panic" not sure how I feel about that place..
I would like to go to a nice place where people are dressed nice with a mid 30s crowd. Does not have to be a night club. More preferably a nice lounge.
It has been a number of years since I went to Muse, but as it has been around for awhile it probably hasn't changed much. It is located in Nishi Azabu (right near the main Nishi-Azabu intersection) which is quieter than Roppongi, and it is usually a nicer exeperience than what you would expect at a Gas Panic. When you go into the club, it is like a cave. But once inside it is very open, and they also have many small rooms where you can sit down and talk or play some of the games (billards, table tennis, etc.) they have. They also have a main dance area. Overall, it usually is a pretty nice time. Sometimes, it will become a pick-up joint for the Foreign male/Japanese female crowd, but not as bad as some of the places over in Roppongi. The good thing is that there are a good number of nice little bars in Nishi-Azabu that you can move to easily that cater to more of a somewhat older crowd. So I would say that Muse would not be a bad choice, and if you don't like it you can move always to another place close by.