FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]
Old Jul 21, 2002, 3:43 pm
Expedient

Programs: AA EXP; BD Gold; Hyatt Dia; HH Dia; IC RA; AxCent
Peter, I totally understand you - it seems to me they recently significantly lowered their service level and exchanged personell.

My first 2 stays at this property were flawless and exceeding my expectations.

But my recent stay 2 weeks ago was really bad:
- No Platinum welcome amenity (water, wine, fruits). It took me a few complaints to get at least the water. Upon checkout I talked to the front desk supervisor, who told me she sent a bottle of wine (which never arrived), and promised to mke it a "big" instead of a "small" bottle next time.
- Lower standard of toiletries in the tower rooms (no Bulgari anymore)
- No soap, shampoo or other amenities at the recently reopened pool. The attendant could help me with body lotion, but no shampoo or soap either.
- All restaurants were closed for lunch and brunch on Sunday, except room-service / snackbar. There was no apparent reason (no public holiday), just a worldcup soccer game involving Germany. Not to mention the executive lounge was closed as well but would be reopening the next weekend, with no compensations this time (drink / food vouchers).

But now for the most shocking part:
- Upon arrival I confirmed a 4pm checkout (which was guaranteed anyway not only by being Plat, but also by the Endless Weekend Rate I booked). After a short stroll I returned to my room Sunday 2.30pm, to find a rude housekeeping guy in my room who just finished stuffing my toiletries (including a still wet tooth brush and razor) together with used briefs and pajamas and my dress pants all into a plastic bag and into my luggage... instead of apologizing, he questioned what I wanted in that (mine!) room.
The whole response from the manager on duty was just that their insurance woudl reemburse me for the $8-toothbrush and they would give me a voucher for free cleaning of my pants "next time"... quite less than I expected (I have not received a written apology until now).
- When I packaged my things 3.30pm and was about to leave the room heading for check-out, a friendly housekeeping person was bringing up fruit basket and water to my room. It almost put a smile on my face, until I found out this was meant for the next person in the room checking in after me... even before I checked out.

Let's see if Arabella Sheraton manages to keep their 5 AAA stars... I'd love to hear your comments.

[This message has been edited by Expedient (edited 07-21-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Expedient (edited 07-21-2002).]