FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Feast of First Class Flying on British Airways, Qantas and Emirates
Old Jan 15, 2011, 9:26 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
LUANDA to DUBAI (LAD-DXB) on Emirates 777-300ER in first class (non suite)

We boarded and I settled in to the now familiar routine. The load in first was light.

By now I was fairly tired. This was to be my 6th night in the air in the past 8 nights, with one of the other two nights being new years eve, and in the same time period I'd crossed 42 time zones. Perhaps it is my age catching up to me, or perhaps it was the endless drink, but I was beginning to feel tiredness to my very core. I sleep okay when I'm tired enough, but not so much if I'm only a bit tired.

This flight my body called time out and I dropped to a deep sleep very soon after take off, awaking only to a tough on my shoulder some 40 minutes out from Dubai. "Would Kiwi Flyer like some breakfast?" No, but some water and juice went down great.

We had a few loops around the emirates before landing in the dark at an early hour. We had a remote stand. First and business class passengers were whisked away to the terminal on a separate bus from economy class passengers.