FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Feast of First Class Flying on British Airways, Qantas and Emirates
Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:27 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
MELBOURNE to DUBAI (MEL-DXB) on Emirates 777-300ER in first class

Back onboard. The crew had already placed a canvas holdall (much like the bags supermarkets sell to get people to use less plastic bags but better quality and with a discreet Emirates logo instead of the more garish supermarket designs) on my seat. Inside was pajamas, an amenity kit, personal hand towel in a sturdy liquids baggie. I was soon offered some more champagne (or juice or water), and then the other usual pre-departure stuff (newspaper, magazine, drink, date, coffee).

The cabin was again full and I estimate about half were flying through from Auckland.

I watched some more movies and shows, ate and fell asleep. I managed a decent sleep and awoke just a few hours out from Dubai at OMG o'clock local time and who knows what o'clock in my body clock's time.

After some stretches I had some juice and just relaxed for the sheer indulgence of doing nothing, with one eye out the window as we passed lights of towns and cities below. We arrived quite early and unlike my previous trip we got a gate with an airbridge (rather than a remote stand).