FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude Seat Swapping Stories from '10
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:47 pm
new2japan
Suspended

She proceeds to be as obnoxious as possible, pushing and shoving both of us and shouting across the plane to him throughout the flight. They continually get up to make out on the plane. The FAs send them back to their seats multiple times. When we finally land the people in all of the seats around us are making comments about government mandated birth control. By the end of the flight I am glad neither of us moved or the other might have been seated next to their own live adult entertainment.
FA's have little ability to do anything unless you actually make a complaint. Should someone be shoving you and disobeying their orders be sure to ask if the captain has been notified and that you're afraid for your safety. You could also ask to have the police involved. If you complain, they have to do something. If you all just make passive aggressive comments about government birth control, the FA's have no win situation. Nothing positive is going to happen to them by making an issue of it.

I don't see why this needs a thread. I had this happen yesterday. Someone was in my seat. I actually sat one row back from my seat as I wasn't paying attention and just saw the open seat. I realized my mistake before someone showed up.

I asked the person in my seat, are you XXB? She said oh no, I'm one row in front but I wanted to sit next to my friend. I had a choice of saying yes or no and if they didn't move I could get the FA. No thread needed.