FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Excelsior - Venice Lido left Starwood 11/1/2008 [Master Thread]
Old Jun 12, 2002, 10:03 am
JimAtTheBeach

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Was in Venice 2 weeks ago (stayed at the Danieli) and can give you this advice: lowest cost option to get to Lido is to simply take one of the "water buses" (vaporeto) that stop directly in front of the train station. There are many different vaporeto lines, but they are well laid out--cost is about 3 euros each. The info stand right in front of the station can tell you the exact vaporeto # that will take you to Lido. You can also simply take a private water taxi, which I'm guessing will probably run about 50 euros or so. Finally, as previously suggested, contact the hotel's concierge: the Starwood hotels in Venice have their own shuttle/launch that circles between the properties, but I'm not sure what the cost is on that. FWIW, I also had quite a few bags and had no problem with the (low cost) vaporeto. Just figure on about an hour's boat ride for the vaporeto from the train station to Lido (taxi obviously would be much faster).