FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAN programming under Windows?
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:00 pm
BigLar
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the right stuff, all right, but lots of cockpit problems. Mostly, figuring out what they mean by "user name" - my login name? the computer name? administrator? What? My name? The name of the remote computer? My password? His password? Of course, the computer name is not the same as the full computer name. Not even close.

The documentation says I must have a password, but when I installed XP I don't remember entering a password, and I certainly don't need one to start up and get going.

Set up passwords on my user account, but that didn't work, either.

Recovering the admin password requires a lot of scary steps, any one of which might kill your system. Geez.

I think I'll get a local guy to sit down with me and go through this step-by-step. This reminds me of my many attempts to get a Linux distro going. The various 'help' folks seemed aghast that I didn't already know all this stuff and, in effect, told me I "wasn't worthy" to run Linux if I had to ask such stupid questions.

I appreciate everyone's input. I'm in the right church, just gotta find the right pew.