FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Feast of First Class Flying on British Airways, Qantas and Emirates
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:16 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
WELLINGTON to AUCKLAND (WLG-AKL) on Jetstar A320 in economy class

Normally I try to avoid flying Jetstar, but at time of booking the fare difference was far too big to ignore. After rushing around town I arrived at the airport about 40 minutes before departure, just in the nick of time before check in closes. I almost forgot to check in at the kiosks - being so used to flying Air NZ where I just turn up at the gate with phone & RFID tag to board.

There wasn't enough time to make good use of the pay per use Corporate Box lounge (formerly called Wild At Heart lounge), even with my airport card discount ($15 fee instead of the usual $25). I milled around and then headed for security at an appropriate time.

The flight was moderately full but I lucked out and got an empty middle seat to make the lack of space+ seating a bit more bearable. We pushed back slightly early and I fell asleep shortly after takeoff. I woke up 30-odd minutes later somewhere over Waikato, feeling slightly refreshed. Not much later I was back in a steamy Auckland, half a day after I'd left and excited about the next sub-trip.