FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR Doom & Gloom Thread for the [11/12-Jan-2011] Snowstorm
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:55 pm
wcalvert

Originally Posted by Kate_Canuck
I'm not flying out until Thursday evening (EWR-BCN and then separate ticket on Spanair to Granada on Saturday) for a 10-day holiday. I'm so snowed under at work (figuratively) that part of me just wants to reschedule the trip (I'd just be out of pocket the very low Spanair ticket price and maybe a small rebooking fee for the course I'm taking in Granada). But on the other hand, my work life is not going to get any better in the next few months. I think I'm just going to take my chances. It's like seeing a fabulous but expensive dress (or gadget) and going back later to the store half-hoping that it will be there and half-hoping that it will be gone.

As long as I don't waste vacation days going nowhere, I think I'll be ok with going or not going on this trip.

Out of curiosity, though, does CO tend to prioritize its long-haul (e.g., trans-Atlantic) flights, especially where there is only one flight per day, in situations like this (assuming that some flights are getting out once the storm is over and the airport is just in clean-up mode)?
I think they do prioritize the long-hauls. I remember in the other snowpocalypse thread that the big flights were the first ones out.

As far as vacation or not, life is too short not to take your vacation!