FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did LAX and ATL airports move 5 miles closer?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:56 am
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I don't think Brick was a NW flyer. Why the hell would you say that..I don't even see the relevance?

Oh I See "EQM". You do realize that MQM's are also called EQM's "ELITE qualifying miles" by many. They are the miles you fly to qualify for elite status. I think someone needs an anger management class.
While Brick might have presented his point a bit brusquely I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that he was just trying to say "let's be consistent and use a common language".

Over in the US forum it is by far more common for status to be referred to as "preferred" not "elite". And they use PQMs not EQMs.

US
"PQMs?...They are miles you fly to qualify for preferred status"
CO, AA, UA
"EQMs?...They are miles you fly to qualify for elite status"
AS
"EQMs?...They are miles you fly to qualify for MVP status"
DL
"MQMs?....They are miles you fly to qualify for medallion status"

I know people that refuse (and I mean refuse) to refer to DCA as "Reagan National" and simply call it "National". Their reasons aren't worth discussing. They just won't to adapt for whatever reasons. Others use "National" out of habit.

I think it is sometimes assumed here on the DL forum that anyone using "EQM" is simply living in the NWA world and refusing to evolve/adapt. This is a gross generalization IMHO. It could be just force of habit.

It's not nearly as big of a deal to me as people who use the word "loose" when they obviously meant to type "lose". (it's an adjective not a verb!)