FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:38 pm
sba110

San Jose SJC 12/29

Was directed to the NoS and told the TSO there that I would not go through that **** machine. After some lack of coordination (you're supposed to call for a patdown...no, you are!...etc) another TSO came over and conducted a brief patdown. I didn't see him change his gloves and I honestly wasn't thinking about it....

....but I should have. Somehow, the machine that he used to test his gloves gave an alarm (btw., how is a normal passenger supposed to know if it's really an alarm or just the TSO pushing the test button?), so some more TSOs came over. They started walking toward some room and said something about private screening. I replied that I didn't trust them, and that I would not go into a room with them unless a LEO was present. LEO arrived shortly thereafter - he was really nice. I mentioned to him that all this was ridiculous and a waste of time and he agreed. He seemed very genuine and friendly.

After another more intrusive patdown, they tested the gloves again and of course there was no alarm this time. I did enjoy asking the LEO if I could now leave as I had had enough of the TSA thugs.

In retrospect, I should have made a criminal complaint for harassment against the TSO that conducted the 2nd patdown, but I was already running late.

Why do we pay for these clowns?