FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - House Dem Leader Calls For Special TSA Treatment for Congress
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:02 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
1. The idea of using this event to avoid screening for personal convenience is nauseating.

2. So, assuming that this congressman isn't quite as revolting as that, let's go with the idea that he actually is concerned about the safety of our elected representatives in the screening line.

3. You asked facetiously whether he is worried that TSA employees would do something wacko. I think he is worried about something that many of us have been concerned about for some time - that terrorists will recognize that, rather than attack a plane which requires going through security, attack the interminable line that is wending its way to security.

4. Ergo, if the congressman isn't doing this for personal convenience, he is doing it because he doesn't want to get killed waiting for TSA clearance, but seems happy to let his constituents (and the rest of the public) get killed there. . .just as nauseating.
There seems to be no other way to skin this cat than be ashamed of this member of Congress's statements in this matter.

From what I've been hearing, it seems like a lot of members of Congress are worried about being exposed to threats at public events and public facilities -- including airports -- but don't want to come out in public and claim they are scared and want to be treated even more specially than is already the case.

The lot of them, cowards -- politically or otherwise. We've gotten the politicians and politics we deserve.

Originally Posted by ElizabethConley
No. I want equal protection under the law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Protection_Clause

What I'm seeing here is "Some pigs are more equal than others".

The Federal government protects it's employees and it's interests, even to the detriment of ordinary citizens, while erroding the States' ability to protect themselves and their citizens from the Federal government.

When the 14th Amendment was written, I don't think the founders thought the Federal Government would be menacing citizens, and the States would be helpless to protect us.

The Federal Government's power grabs are beginning to render the 14th Amendment moot.
There has to be a nexus with federal law violations for federal law to apply and federal charges to be pursued with a basis. Welcome to the results of a US Constitution that created a federal, liberal republic that leaves some matters to the states (and to the people) and out of the hands of the federal government. The arrested suspect in AZ will get the justice he is due, including at the state level. The federal government is not needed to meddle in every criminal matter that the state is well-positioned to pursue.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 12, 2011 at 2:46 am Reason: merge consecutive posts