FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - House Dem Leader Calls For Special TSA Treatment for Congress
Old Jan 10, 2011, 7:50 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ElizabethConley
What bugs me about the Tucson murders is that the perpetrator hasn't been charged for murdering the child or the two retirees yet, nor assaults against the 13 other people who were merely wounded. I read this in a blog, and thought that surely this was nonsense. Then I checked various news sites. I find no mention of murder charges or charges stemming from assault with a deadly weapon.

"Jared Loughner faces one count of attempted assassination of a member of Congress, two counts of killing an employee of the federal government and two counts of attempting to kill a federal employee."

Giffords still clings to life. The child, the judge and the retirees are dead. I'm finding the lack of charges against Loughner for the assaults and murders to be extremely creepy, if true.

From what I've read, Laughner was and is crazy. His obsession with Grammar coupled with his inability to compose a coherent sentence speak to his literally "disordered" mind. The poor lad was nuts. In spite of this, political ideologues of all stripes have tried to tar their opponents with responsibility for Laughner's acts. On top of that, a congressman wants to use this tragedy to leverage his own escape from TSA scope n' grope checkpoints?

I'm sorry, but Laughner's insanity doesn't have anything to do with politics, although the Federal response does illustrate how little the Federal Government cares about American Citizens.

It's ordinary American Citizens who suffered the brunt of Laughner's attack. It's ordinary American citizens who are the least defended and protected by Federal Law and Federal Agencies. It's ordinary American citizens who will suffer the consequences if Laughner's acts of insanity are used to justify further civil rights abuses. It's ordinary American citizens who will be left alone to endure the current DHS/TSA civil rights abuses if Federal employees manage to use Laughner's acts of insanity to exempt themselves from airport insecurity checkpoints. (Yes, I meant insecurity.)

Enough already. Laughner attacked, maimed and murdered ordinary American citizens, and the Federal Government couldn't care less.

The Federal Government seems to have forgotten its purpose, as well as the identity of their employer.
It sounds like people are being whipped up into a frenzy on the basis of ignorance of why things have developed in this sort of way so far.

The federal government is responsible for pursuing violations of federal law. The state/local government's prosecutors are responsible for pursuing violations of state/local law. The federal prosecutors are just faster at getting on the federal law ball in this regard than the DAs are at getting on the state law ball. It's up to the Arizona DA(s) to get in on the action in their own to pursue charges that the federal government is not in an ideal position to pursue.

The federal government doesn't need more excuses to create more laws and take more power than is already the case, but if people keep getting whipped into frenzy for no good reason, we'll get more TSA-style nonsense at the state/local levels too than is already the case.