FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - House Dem Leader Calls For Special TSA Treatment for Congress
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:31 am
ElizabethConley

Originally Posted by Caradoc
As I understand it, they're filing certain charges in Federal court, and other charges in the state court.

Personally, I'd much rather they take whatever time they need to insure the filings are completely accurate and the case isn't tossed on a technicality.
I'd like to see it that way too, but gunning down 9 year old kids in a public place in front of scores of witnesses seems pretty cut and dried. It certainly can't be more complex than shooting Federal Employees.

I don't think "it's a plot". I think it's a sign the Feds are focused more on themselves than the people they purportedly serve.

Furthermore, if attacks on ordinary citizens are prosecuted by the states and attacks on Federal employees are prosecuted by the Federal government, then who protects citizens when the Federal government attacks ordinary citizens? Are we to look to the states, which are increasingly subordinate to Federal authority?

It's not "a plot". It's just bad. "It" meaning the increasing contempt our Federal government is demonstrating for the rights of U.S. citizens and our Constitution. In ways large and small, the Federal Government demonstrates a we vs they attitude - They the Government against We the People.

It's definitely time to "Vote the Bums Out" until we finally get some bums who care about our bums.

Last edited by ElizabethConley; Jan 10, 2011 at 6:44 am