FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Ticket Success - Post It Here
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:03 am
sc flier

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by number21
What are the duration rules on the stopover? How many stopovers are allowed in one redemption?
I assume that the official answer is what's on the Award Travel Rules & Conditions page on delta.com:

Open Jaw
Open-jaw travel is permitted and counts as a stopover. Restrictions apply. For details, please contact a Delta representative.

Stopovers
One stopover is allowed per Award. Round-the-World Awards allow a maximum of three stopovers per continent, not to exceed 6.
In practice, I'm inclined to think that it's whatever the system decides to allow. And I would think that the policies may change substantially once partner airlines are involved. I'm sure that others here may know better answers.

As for duration, I would think that it just has to fit into the total maximum days allowed for the entire itinerary. In my double open jaw with standby that you referenced, I also arranged a layover in CDG of just over 8 hours -- enough time to go into the city to see the Monet exhibit at the Grand Palais without having to collect our checked luggage.

Last edited by sc flier; Jan 10, 2011 at 6:11 am