FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Password Overload
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:10 pm
LIH Prem

Originally Posted by richard
In particular, banks use more sophisticated methods with multiple page logins, security questions and images you need to recognize, and nothing seems to work perfectly with these.
For multi-page logins, I usually have one entry named xxx - login, and a 2nd one xxx - passwd, and that works fine, in both roboform and 1passwd.

security images, questions that change, etc, sure, none of them can really do that today. though you can save your answers in passcards in the external programs if you really need to/want to. ING direct has made their PIN so complicated, and you can't save that either, but I have a passcard (safenote in 1passwd) for it, in case I forget what the 6 - 10 digit PIN is.

But I really don't have an issue with missing items in 1passwd or roboform, because you can always save the stuff manually if it doesn't recognize the page as a login screen, and once saved, it will fill those in. You can't do that with the browser built-in stuff. That's what I meant by the stuff the browser misses, not the image stuff and security questions from financial institutions.

Certainly some of this is personal preference. If something different works well for you, I think that's great. Personally, I use a combination of methods, including firefox sync, but firefox sync won't get me login/passwd/form data into IE or Safari or Chrome.

Does xmarks copy login/passwd data between different browsers? 1passwd/roboform, etc are all multi-browser. They have plugins for most browsers.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jan 8, 2011 at 6:23 pm