FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2011)
Old Jan 8, 2011, 1:55 pm
no-backpacker

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Ic Park Lane, London

What room did you book and what did you receive?
Booked cheapest room at industry discount rate. Upgraded to exec. Room weeks in advance, got a 1 bedroom suite at clubfloor, without access to the lounge. Payed 60£ for lounge access the second day as we didn't need it the day we arrived.

How are the rooms?
See Stimpys report.

What was your welcome gift?
When I was ambassador I normally got a pack of chocolate cookies, now I didn't get anything else than 4 mandarines and a bottle of wather. I didn't complain as it's no big deal.

How was the club lounge?
Nice, as always. Love that you can order hot breakfast and love the afternoon tea. However wished there were a better selection of food at cocktail hour.

What was good?
Excellent upgrade. I can only imagine how nice the balcony would be in the summertime...

What was bad?
Our bathroom was flooded due to the shower-cabinet not being tight. After two persons had showered the whole bathroom, except for an island in the middle, were full of wather. The wather also went out the door and made the carpet in the bedroom wet. Not a very big deal as we cleaned with the towels. BUT I would not expect it. We told about it in the reception, they sent somebody to fix it, but don't think they managed to fix it. Let's see tomorrow. :-)

Value for money?
Yes, with the industry discount.