FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask a Cast Member!
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:40 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
We noticed another Ginger Bread House at Contemporary, a floor beneath the monorail.. while walking to catch the next monorail. Weird the escalators up to the monorail at Contemporary was clearly labelled, but the elevators were not.. so we ended up going up the regular elevators a floor, only resulting having to catch another elevator down.. moving over to the escalators, we couldn't go up because of the baby stroller, and a cast member ended up helping us to another set of elevators going up to the monorail.. Is this a 70's design?

Sounds like the Osborne lights are new to Hollywood Studios? I had the impression it may have been around for awhile. I found that Hollywood Studios has many events and shows that make it worthwhile to visit at least 2 full days out of a trip. My only regret is not being able to ride the roller coaster before leaving. Tower of Terror is one of my favorite rides, and the Toy Story Mania was good if you are able to obtain fast passes. Otherwise, its' just a forever wait for a one shot crack at the game.

Is it just me? I found that Hollywood Studios uses more live action, actors, reality based shows than Universal?.. But I haven't been to Universal since Oct 08.. and of course, they've got Harry Potter.. wasn't enough of a draw to drag my one year old over there.. not enough to do for a young family at Universal from our opinion.

My wife, and our friends from California really took a liking to American Idol. I guess American Idol runs almost each hour and the final show are the winners from each American Idol segment. So it was quite exciting to watch the winners of each segment duke it out in the finale.. and there was actually a contestant I think that may have what it takes to go all the way that actually appeared in the finale as the final contestant (December 30th).. worlds' apart from the other contestants.. who I thought was pretty good to start with. American Idol is a great addition to Hollywood Studios.