FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE -.Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here
Old Jan 7, 2011, 6:31 pm
kaninchen

Programs: LH FTL,Hyatt Platinum,BMI Silver
Newbie questions

Hello,

I´a a newbie and still not very experienced concerning AA and the AAdvantage program,so please dont kill me when I ask you the following questions:-)) I´ve just read some parts of the threads for newbies above,but couldnt find an answer for my questions which are as follows:

1, I´d like to book an award flight one way from DXB via LHR to MAD by using BA and IB (or alternatively BA only).Is it correct,that such an itn would require 35k AA miles in business-class-according to the "all-partner" award chart?

2,Do I always have to double all amount of miles in the AAdvantage award charts for return flights (e.g.in the charts for AA-only award flights,all partner chart
and oneworld award chart)?

3,What is the MAIN difference (just in two or three keywords) between the AA "all-partner" award and the "oneworld" awards and do I always have the choice between both options? Which offer is usually more recommendable for oneway travel e.g.for the leg mentioned above or for trips between the US and Asia or for journeys between Europe and Asia?

4,Is it true or just a rumour that BA charges its passengers very high fees for taxes,fuel charges,airport fees etc.?

5,I´ve just missed the last promotion of AA before christmas to purchase miles and get up to 20k miles bonus for your purchase.Does AA repeat these or similar offers regularly and is there currently an other way (apart from flying of course) to collect some AA miles quickly?

Thanks a lot in advance for any helpful information,clue or advice for an AA-newbie in this forum.