FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLOSED (for demolition) May 31 2022, Sheraton Cleveland Airport, OH [Master Thread]
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:58 pm
wizzy

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thumbs down Did not recognize Platinum status

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
Put up here for one night by United after weather disruptions. Hotel is located very close to the airport and has frequent shuttle service (available on demand at the Front Desk). The staff at the Front Desk is great - very friendly, and helpful with Platinums. No upgrades at check-in (didnt ask for one either) but was given a separate key for accessing the club lounge (all rooms on that level were sold out) and was also given a coupon for free breakfast.
I'm here tonight courtesy of Continental, and had almost an exact opposite experience. Presented Plat card at check-in, but had to ask for amenity (was originally told I didn't get it since Continental was paying), had to ask for access to the club floor, did not receive an upgrade to club floor even though rooms are available, and definitely did not receive a coupon for a free breakfast. I'm guessing this is probably an education issue, but not one I want to deal with a midnight after hours of flight delays.

Rooms are small, tvs are old. Other than a place to sleep for a few hours, I wouldn't come back here.