FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Rewards 2.0 begins March 1, 2011
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:36 am
toomanybooks
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nsx
SWABrian, this is one glitch in the transition that Southwest has the ability to fix, even if it requires manual processing of these relatively few cases.

I know if I were in this situation I would continue to fly my regular pattern and pick up the equivalent of those 13 credits. Then I would write a polite letter to Southwest asking them to manually issue me a CP since I fulfilled the terms of the 100-credit threshold that was in effect when the qualification period started a year earlier. I'd give that letter at least a 50% chance of succeeding.
RR Terms and Conditions says this:

"40. Southwest Airlines reserves the right to amend, suspend, or terminate this program at any time, with 30 days’ notice."

I would expect that if we get some more RR credits in the next 30 days, to get over the 100 credit hurdle to requalify, that we'd have our CP until 12/31/12.

I could have had it already, but I've been saving up Starpoints via Amex card instead of getting RR credits with the WN Visa. I can transfer enough Starpoints in 5 minutes.