FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated - obsolete)
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:07 am
sts603
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by I_Sue_Debt_Collectors
As I landed in DFW I get an email saying my flight to ATL was cancelled and that I have been rebooked on a later flight.

The later flight is only a little more than an hour later than my original flight. My problem is that i was going to ATL for one meeting and now I will be an hour late getting to the meeting and the person i am meeting with was not happy. This was the only reason i was going to ATL.

When i went into the AC they told me the flight was "no longer in service" and that it was probably a mech issue but they didn't know for sure. My guess is that they cancelled it b/c the flight was empty and so was the next flight.

I am new to AA, currently Gold and on a Plat challenge. I know that if i were to vol give up my seat on a overbooked flight i would be compensated. What if anything should I expect?
Echoed what everyone else said here. An hour delay for ATC control, minor mechanical problem, catering delays, bad headwinds, customer service issues while boarding, inbound crew delay, or a combination of the above just has to be an accepted part of travel.

As to why your flight was canceled, no flights do not get canceled due to low loads (with the exception of what LarryJ explains below). But regardless, you have ABSOLUTELY NO basis for your statement. Based on your handle, you are a lawyer. As a lawyer, you should know better than to make statements with no basis. Guess that's why our profession gets such a bad reputation

Last edited by sts603; Jan 6, 2011 at 9:18 am