FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA miles and points math iPhone App
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2011, 4:35 pm
bniu
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
AA miles and points math iPhone App

Hey all,

I've learned a lot about AA through this forum and it's helped me learn to fly the right routes to earn the most miles. I've always been interested in the partner earning rates, but found the website descriptions to be rather confusing, especially on the partial mileage earning of some partners (most notably JAL), so I decided to make an iPhone app that will calculate miles earned, EQM earned, as well as EQP earned for all ranges of fares on AA's partners as well as taking into account AA elite status.

Here's the app:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aa-mi...0364?mt=8&ls=1

The app uses AA's math logic, such as rounding each bonus component before adding it to the base value, as well as using actual flight miles for fare bonus calculation. You basically pick a carrier, enter your AA status, fare booked and the flight distance, and the app takes care of the rest. For some carriers, elite status may not be relevant, so it may not show up on all pages. I will be maintaining it, and updates will come out fixing any possible mistakes, as well as when Air Berlin and Kingfisher join, and if Mexicana ever returns. I will strive to keep the app as up to date as possible.

I will give promo codes to the first 20 people to PM me. If you like it, please tell your friends/colleagues about the app. I made it to make everyone's mileage math calculations a whole lot easier

p.s. For those of you who also fly United, I am also in the process of developing a parallel version for United. That one is slightly trickier (due to Star Alliance Codeshare rules)

Last edited by bniu; Jan 5, 2011 at 5:32 pm