FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask a Cast Member!
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2011, 4:20 pm
happymommy

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by robtking
To be honest Ancien, I've only spent one holiday season in Florida, so I don't know too much. After visiting this year, I loved what they have done at Grand Floridian Resort with the Gingerbread House! It's completely made out of real candy and is awesome - check it out if you get the chance! Park wise, my favorite is The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
Hi! I've been going for way too many years, and a few times during the Christmas holiday time. I actually thought the gingerbread house was better in years past? Did enjoy the piped in cinnamon smell, and the ambiance, but was sad that they don't sell a whole lot out of it (wish they had candies or something not containing eggs as my son is severly allergic and most gingerbread is egg free). I guess it was a little of a let down there.

The Osborne Family lights were SO COOL! We had a blast walking around and watching them! Definitely glad to see them, and impressed at how much work goes into that display!!!!

Overall, we have taken our kids (now almost 12 and 14) for over 10 years, multiple times a year, mainly since Disney can do food allergies like no other resort destination can even come close (other than our Marriott timeshare, where I can cook for us). I was almost blown away, when a chef would come out and talk to him every meal to make sure he could eat what's safe! Only time that didn't happen was at the California Grill this past Christmas (go figure, and it was our worst $300 meal at Disney ever). For the most part, way to go for food allergies! He's never had one reaction, and had so many awesome meals at Disney (I mean Orlando).

We did enjoy the displays at the Boardwalk and the Yacht Club, too. Very cute. Also the cookies and lemonade on Christmas Eve in the lobby of the Boardwalk were a nice touch (my DD had to eat one!!!!).