FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH in Europe - downgraded catering (J+Y) 2011 edition
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:48 am
oliver2002
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by f4free
Oliver, thanks for posting those pics. Could you put kindly also put headings between the pics in your second post to show which economy service levels get which kind of food? I think some salads and wraps are in the same service level.

I also politely but strongly disagree on the subject regarding your impression of an overall improvement. Perhaps if I had attended a presentation I would feel differently (or likewise been sold ..) on a an improvement. But I really see a downgrade for many flights. (And an improvement only for domestic Y!)
I don't have my notes and the press folder with, so I corrected the post with what I guess to be the levels.

As far as the being 'sold' is concerned: we (rcs8551, ralfkrippner & I) gave the guy a hard time that the infamous 'competitive' pasta dish was eliminated on the spanish and northeastern routes for example. The presentation was on the 15th, the concept was implement on the 9th, so we had some lead on what to look for. They insisted catering in Y was coming back on all routes (I personally saw ARN-MUC go from warm food in Y & C down to cold snack in C and sandwich in Y over 6 years) but that some routes that had better catering due competitive reasons may suffer, inlcuding spain and baltics.

The beverages stay the same as far as the info was given out. LH has the problem that they launched the new catering on 09EC but didn't have the time to train and inform all FAs on the new food. They only see whats loaded or have to inform themselves in the CRA.
The service levels are called 'SST' or Modul A-F so feel free to ask the Purser what service level your flight has to file a proper complaint