FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:51 am
nldogbert

Quick trip review

Hi,

Just wanted to give a quick review of this property.

Checked in on New year's eve and departed on the 2nd day of the new year.

Location it is very convenient both to downtown and airport with the tramlines running outside of the hotel [2-5 mins walk depending with/without baggage]. The trams run very frequently even late in the evening/weekends.

Was greeted by a very friendly yet professional front desk staff and helped with checked in. In general all the other staff that I encountered throughout my stay were very friendly. Since it was a check-in around noon, I was given 2 options, to wait and go downtown first for a better room or take a room facing the main road. I decided to wait and upon return from downtown was given a room on the Club floor.

Rooms are ok and comfortable. They had on the first night a turndown service. Bed was comfortable and lighting was sufficient. The TV was still the old CRT tube tv with a sufficient choice.

Internet is free for elite members and breakfast even in the weekends. The lounge is open, but only self-service for softdrinks, tea/coffee and snacks.
Breakfast buffet was sufficient. Not sure if it is only in the weekends, but it was the special German/Swiss Champagne breakfast.

Used the in-house bar which was also very good and friendly staff. Price was just maybe 1-2 CHF more expensive than a normal bar in the city.

In general I was very very satisfied with the property, especially the staff and treatment of Elite members [Gold + Plat]. This is now my #1 Marriott property within Europe.

Cheers!