FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Chances of upgrade clearing / upgrade availability - 2012 and prior)
Old Jan 5, 2011, 4:58 am
bdemaria
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by kw335

Anyway, let's hypothetically speak that I did not request an upgrade until after T-72 hours, and let's also say that had I requested the upgrade early, I would clear right at T-72 hours.

How can you "not request an upgrade until after T-72" and also "request the upgrade early"

Originally Posted by kw335
Now the upgrade is still showing as "requested" on my itinerary. The question is: would I potentially clear at T-24 with GLDs, or I will be placed on the list for battlefield u/g? I know with UA, as long as NC/NF is available, I can claim the seat (although it may not happen automatically and require a phone call to the 1K desk).
As for the issue once it is requested: let's say you request it at 40 hours, if there is X availability, you will clear into X when you place the res on hold. If there is no X availability, you will be placed in the PLT queue, which will clear before they start clearing GLDs. They may clear the list at 24 hours, they may not clear it until the airport, that depends on the loads, etc...