FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air India 126 DEL-ORD how is this flight experience?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:10 pm
rsh913

Welcome to FT.

AI Bashers aside for a parent of indian origin I highly recommend the AI nonstop over connecting in Europe. While I've only done F and J on AI the flight is quite good and well catered. Lot of indian families travel so I have no problems in recommending them. There are threads about the problems AI faces when their flights are delayed or mechanical issues. But these are not unique to AI. Several threads highlight problems on other carriers.

The leg room is about the same in coach since they've flow the same aircraft on the 8 hr flights.

Delhi T3 transfers are much better now with the same terminal and there will be several pax transiting to MAA and it should not be a problem.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by iam_troy
Guys,

1. Did anyone took this straight flight from DEL-ORD?
2. How was the experience?
3. Is it tiresome or okay?
4. How was the leg room any better than 8 hr flight?
5. If flying from Chennai (MAA-DEL-ORD), MAA-DEL is a Indian(IC) code share with AI(Air India) lands in T3 domestic, how was the transfer to international, my Mother(no english, no hindi) can able to handle it by her own? - any suggestions on this (like wheel chair?, etc).

Please help.