FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Standby / Stand-by on Day Before Ticketed Flight (consolidated)
Old Jan 4, 2011, 6:53 am
JY1024
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cu08senior
As an elite, I'm technically able to standby...

I have a trip planned from JFK - LHR on 3/24. However, found out I will be flying into JFK on the 23rd... I'd prefer to just try and talk to an agent and go a day earlier...

Does anyone think this is possible by Standing By on an earlier flight? It's a Thursday to Wednesday flight.. and I'm SURE there will be seats...

Thx!

cu08senior - Your thread has been merged with the existing thread on the same topic. Please also take a glance upthread to see other members experiences/advice. You'll find that many of the answers you received are similar to past answers to the same query.

As a gentle reminder to all members, per the FT Guidelines and Rules (http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q62):

Use the Search Feature
Before starting a thread, use the search feature to see if there's a recent thread on your topic. Many questions come up repeatedly on FlyerTalk. If you're wondering about a specific Hilton property in Chicago, for example, there's a good chance a thread - or 10 - already exists. The search link is located in the navigation menu near the top of the Forums page. Keeping information on the same topic confined to as few threads as possible helps members quickly find the information they need.
And for reference, I went up to the search box, clicked on "advanced search", and searched on thread titles for the keywords {standby day}.

Thanks for your cooperation! /Mod