FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Sobriety of Horizon
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:47 pm
glenny84

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
This past month I found myself flying quite a bit between SEA and PDX as well as PDX/RDM and SEA/RDM and I noticed the lack of microbrews or wine being offered and I wondered if anyone else has encountered this?

Now granted, two of the six flights were around 10 in the morning, so I can understand the lack of service on those flights, but of the remaining 4 only one offered the beer and wine service and that was a flight between SEA and PDX. The other flights were PDX/RDM and RDM/SEA, one just offered coffee, juice and water the other flight, the attendants remained seated for the entire flight (RDM/PDX) and that trip was fairly smooth with regards to weather. I remember when I used to fly on the 200 series between PDX/RDM there would be two services on that 25 minute hop with one flight attendant. On the one segment where they did serve I overheard one of the FAs say to another passenger that it is a bit of a hassle to service beer and wine on short hops which I imagine it probably is.

So, is there a time with regards to duration of the flight that this service is not offered or is this more on the discretion of the FA? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the service I receive from Horizon but it was always enjoyable trying out some of the seasonal brews. More importantly, if a Q400 is going to fly SEA-SBA they better be well stocked.....and hopefully with more than beer.
Heck, I couldn't even get a water on my last 3 PDX-SEA flights.