FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arbitration in favor of Continental Pilots
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:06 pm
bankerflyer

Programs: UA 1K on final to 2MM
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
We need to keep things in perspective too.

Plenty of mainline pilots today make about $65k a year. I wonder who out there thinks that is "big money?"

Also, the promise of the bigger salary at the end of a long, grueling career is the incentive that drives young people to fly for airlines like Colgan at McDonald's wages.

Finally, regarding the comments about CEO's pay. Let's not forget that the very first step taken by $mi$ek as CEO od UaCo was to nearly double his own salary, and that of half a dozen of his closest pals.

He also put in place an incentive package, that if the conditions are met, would pay the 32 or so top executives of the company $60 million.

The next step was to violate the company's CBA with its pilots and bring in UaEx planes to CO.

And the next step will be to eliminate E+.

When Smisek talks about "changes you will like" in his greeting video, I think he made a mistake on the script, which actually read:

"changes I will like."

That's all...just a little one word error...
Seems the arbitration only means UACO can't label the CoEX flights as CO flights which results in an inconvenience to CO customers having to book as a UA flight. Not sure what this group of ALPA pilots really accomplished as the contested flights can/will be operated without the CO label.

Last edited by bankerflyer; Jan 3, 2011 at 2:21 pm