FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'Mega-threads' are out of control. What can the TB do to fix it?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:00 pm
Moderator2
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
The rhetoric has gotten too heated. Time for a break.

In the interim, please re-read kokonutz original posting. I doubt his goal was to get into macro moderation discussions. This should be about a board-wide policy adoption:

The point of FT is to be able to easily find information on frequency programs and get questions answered.

This core function is becoming difficult to the point of impossible due to the proliferation of mega-threads that have become as general as 'complaints about flight attendant service.' Come freaking on, I am supposed to dig through 15 50-post pages of such a thread to find out if there are one or two FAs on a certain aircraft type in FC? And that's just one example. Look around, the mega-threads are out of control.

Further, when questions are placed in mega-threads they often go unanswered. I'm not going to click on a 20 page thread to look at a general topic, even though I may have a specific answer to a specific question posed in a mega-thread rather than a stand-alone thread, where I would have clicked and provided input.

Some subjects certainly do call for mega-threads. But not NEARLY so many as exist in the major frequency program forums now.

Can the TB consider amending the TOS to limit the over-use of mega-threads?

They really are destroying the user experience on FT.

Last edited by Moderator2; Jan 3, 2011 at 12:05 pm