FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Base Points Calculation
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:52 am
todorovic

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Please PM your reservation details to us. We're happy to assist.

Nick B.
Nick (and other GP Concierges), the point we are trying to make here is that this should be fixed at the system level - it shouldn't require us to fax folios, make multiple phone calls, spend countless hours on the phone, etc. just to get what we are entitled to.

I understand that certain charges are ineligible for points but we as customers have no way of telling what is and what is not eligible. To make things even more complicated even those charges that should earn us points usually don't post correctly. My understanding is that each hotel enters points into the system and has complete control over what is eligible and what is not. What I don't know is whether hotels have to "pay" for the points they post in the system and if that is the case maybe they are deliberately shorting customers for points. There should be a better QC process integral to the system and ideally points should be posting automatically based on the eligible charges without the need for someone at the hotel to manually manipulate the system.

I typically don't bother with few dozens of points missing from my base points count for a particular stay but right now my last stay has posted more than 300 points short and I am having a hard time getting this corrected. To echo the post above, why should we have to fax in our folios when they can be seen in the system by GP representatives (as deduced from the fact that the copies are available on the web site)?