FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Barcelona Refuses to help Get Transport for Guests -Stranding them
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:08 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by JBauer
they did say they called an ordered taxis, but that the wait would be 20-30 mins for each...yet a little foresight may have been in order on their part. There does seem to be a larger issue of taxis not wanting to schlep out there...
well having arrived @ BCN at 12;30am from MAD delayed flight, I found out the train stops running before Id make it over to that term. didnt want a taxi they wanted alot , so I took the Night bus and had to change to another that left me off by the Metro and a 15 min walk to the W. good thing I only had a rollerboard carry-on. Next day walked from the W to the LeM and my last night walked from the LeM all the way over to the HEX didnt expect an hours walk. But with little bags its all doable

3 days in BCN never saw the inside of a cab or bus or train except to/from the airport, again if you had checked bags it wouldnt be doable. But when Im anywhere and arriving or leaving on a holiday I always make sure to get the timetables down pat and what is operating and what wont be

Yea it would be nice if the Hotel was able to get a cab company to be based at the Hotel or service it on a reg basis but in order for that to be done there would have to be alot of biz which still probably isnt the case as of yet