FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - what to do when airline warned me about numerous throw-away ticketing? ($95 vs $497)
Old Jan 2, 2011, 8:06 pm
yamaka

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by trajanc
No offense but your random personal pov only means YOU should not do this.
No offense taken, well except maybe for the "random" part since I don't think of my own ethical perspective as random; I think of it as the outcome of more years than I wish to living and learning.

People live by their own ethics; others get to see the way they live, and decide if it is a way they would choose to emulate or not. If I take someone up on a contract I do my best to adhere to it, and expect them to do the same. It matters not to me if it is my neighbor, a friend, the government or a business. For others, I guess it does. They have an attitude I choose not to emulate.

By the way, I don't think throwing away the ticket to EWR is illegal, but it does violate the contract of carriage. People agree to all sorts of things in contracts that don't make sense. If you don't want to fly to Newark, don't buy a ticket to do so, or find an airline that doesn't prohibit hidden city ticketing in its contract.