FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status
Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:57 am
miffSC

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by offshoretjd
So I just saw this thread, and thus just found out about the promo. I know its over, but I went thru the rules anyway and it seems that you could have participated without actually knowing about it.

I booked and flew about 10 flights in that time period, used my Div miles numbers........is it worth calling US and trying to get some back credit or will they tell me to go pound sand?
Welsome to FlyerTalk offshore tjd! This was a very unique promotion on the part of US Airways, and one that we don't think will be repeated, but with US one never knows!

In this promotion, it was required that one fly to certain destinations in order for it to be a qualifying Hop, Skip, or Jump. US did an excellent job of tracking passenger flights and sent out emails to those of us who were participating for the promotion with the details of our progress. So, if you had flown any of the required routes in order to qualify, US would have kept tabs on your flights and awarded you the appropriate credit for your flights. If you have not read the page about it, the link in the first post will still take you to the promotion page.