FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer from IAD to DC with Infant
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2011, 3:11 am
qwertyuiop

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by AlanInDC
IAD is a poor airport for public transportation options. Given your situation of having lots of stuff and several people, I'd say taxi is the definite option. Rental car is another option, though navigating the streets in downtown DC is not the easiest thing to do for a visitor, especially when jet lagged and/or if during rush hours. It is easy to drop off a rental car in downtown. For example, Aviis has 3 locations in central D.C., but note that these locations have much more restricted hours than airport locations and that purchasing gas in downtown DC isn't so easy (there are only a few places).
Thanks Alan.

A simple question: does anyone know whether it's normal for people to catch a cab with an infant without a baby seat? We won't have one but can have the baby in a carrier attached to my wife or my chest.

I know in some jurisdictions it's illegal but no-one cares, in others it's legal, and in some it's illegal but rigidly enforced. I guess, does anyone know whether we're likely to be able to find a cab that will take us?

thanks