FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Austin, Texas [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2010, 2:58 pm
FreeRangekid

Programs: UA Gold SPG Plat Avis First Marriott Gold
Just completed 2 night stay during MR to Austin. Notably, all in-room movies were complementary during my stay (plus one bottle of water per person per day) and comp. coffee/pastry downstairs.

Design was nice, in my opinion. The room with hundreds of vinyl records from local musicians was fun to browse. The jalepeno lemonade drink was tasty. Valet crew did a great job arranging taxis.

Missteps: elevators that didn't work part of the time due to ongoing construction (walking down 15 floors is a lot of stairs!); slow room service and very slow bfast downstairs. To their credit, management recognized the slow food problems and removed those charges. Also, gym is now open 24/7(very impressive changing rooms), but construction workers were still in there at 1 am which was a bit odd.

I sensed they still have some staffing/ training issues, plus ongoing constuction, but I had a great stay and look forward to returning. Location is excellent. The unlimited free movies were a fun perk that -for me- made up for the hiccups during this stay.

Last edited by FreeRangekid; Jan 28, 2011 at 6:41 pm