FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}
Old Dec 31, 2010, 1:08 pm
jmhayes

Programs: UA/Prem Exec, HH/Gold, TW/Gold
Unique room type?

This is a great thread, although of course I found it too late to be useful last week :-) I booked a "king superior" but what I got was unlike anything I'd ever seen at W=A. I've probably stayed there a dozen times in the last 25 years, but what I got this time was room 1787 which has a normal bedroom; a separate large changing room with double-door mirrored closet and a chair; a separate bathroom area with sink/mirror; a room with toilet and bath/shower behind a door; and a separate kitchenette with a full-size refrigerator/freezer and a sink/wet-bar! So basically 5 separate rooms, even though I wouldn't call this a "suite" -- no separate sitting area, for instance ... the TV and desk were in the same room as the bed. It was kind of like an apartment, I guess. I'm trying to think of a situation where this layout and use of space would have been useful to me Maybe if I had a crib and put it in the changing room? And needed a kitchen? Very odd!