FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - # miles for award PEK -> HNL -> SFO -> PEK
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:52 pm
opushomes

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
yes evan, low business multi city can be had

however as stated above it takes a lot of work and persistence. It also requires that one be flexible.

On January 12, I depart for Singapore on the following routing PDX-NRT on DL with an overnight in Narita. The next morning (1/14) my routing is NRT-ICN-SIN on KE. My return on this ticket is MNL-NRT-PDX. Yes, I have to make my way to MNL. Spending sufficient time, I could have gotten out of SIN at the low level. Please be aware that this is totally in business class at a low level of 120,000. BTW this ticket started out as a low business award terminating in HKG.

Nested into this ticket is SIN-NRT(10 hours)-SPN (2 nights)-NRT-NGO (23.5 hours)-MNL also all in business recently reduced to 52500 miles from 60000. This actually should be an intra-Asia ticket whose theoretical low mileage should be 30000 miles, but DL refuses to publish the actual levels. Even the Diamond agents do not have an award chart for an intra-Asia award originating in Asia and must rely on what the computer spits out.

The two tickets were very recently consolidated into a single PNR--just last week with all the segments still in business. The mess that DL has, I believe, knowingly created is disingenuous. The ethics of requiring the traveler who has amassed a large number of Delta SkyMiles (or even enough for the 25k domestic ticket) are questionable when one must go through such incredible gyrations to get the promised benefits.

But to answer your skepticism, one can get low awards trans-pac with stopovers.