FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks United! Positive UA Experiences/Stories - 2010 Edition.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:22 am
giceh

Complimentary upgrade on Christmas Eve on a free ticket!

This is reported a bit late (been busy with the holiday!), but I want to thank the very generous SFO gate agents who upgraded multiple parties to business class on the P.S. flight to JFK on Christmas Eve even though the standard policy is to not give complimentary upgrades on the P.S. flights! This came as a great surprise to me and my travel companion especially because we were both using free tickets! I have sent a compliment on the website with the gate agents' names. When I thanked them in person, they just shrugged it off saying, "It's Christmas!". This makes me feel so relieved and grateful to have flown United even though I have not been able to use half of my SWUs this year, so, I feel like this free upgrade helps make up for the times when I couldn't apply my upgrade instruments.

We're flying back New Year's Eve too, but somehow I don't think that'll generate as much goodwill. Have other people experienced Christmas upgrades too?