FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas Greetings from M&M in 2010
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:24 pm
tcswede

Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Thomas, I don't see where I am moaning about beeing shortchanged. I certainly don't feel that way. And I really don't like that you post personal assumptions about me or my travel pattern.

But I do find it very strange how LH moves the HON programm from what it had been to what it is now. And not even getting a christmas card is one of the clear signs to see about those "enhancements". BTW, I don't really care about getting a personal christmas card - but in my business all of our active customers got handwritten cards and I feel LH could create a lot of goodwill by sending out some to their frequent travellers instead of that crap "we hope to see you alot onboard our planes in the next 365 days" message on a mass-mail stamped printed matter.
Ralf,
my post was not drected at you personally - my apologies as this certainly was not my itention - but it was a generalization for some posters here on te LH board that continously feed the perception that they now as HON - should have LH fall over backwards for them - so that they feel pampered and HONoured enough - whatebver their vice is.
For many years a common missperception IMHO has been that LH HON is about gooddies - such as upgrades / lounge access etc - and what many forget the primary benefit is when something hits the fan.
This is were HON kicks in - it is to ease the pain when Murphy kicks in - nothing more and nothing less- and of course the more you fly the more likely there is someting bound to happen which is not what you expected - again that is the real benefit apart from easing the pain in general when travelling with the LH Integrated carriers.

Cheers

Thomas