FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sixt - Any Questions?
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:15 am
Gary Coughlan
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Hi,

I have answered your questions in the same order that you asked them. Please also refer to the link that you may find to contain useful information http://www.sixt.com/further-informat...ope-and-israel

1) My Hilton # was not recognised as a valid bonus program. Will I still get the 'first time booking' bonus of 2,500 points? I entered my # on the 'additional remarks section of the booking'.

We have amended your booking and forwarded a confirmation to you. The booking now contains the HH number that you mentioned in your reservation. The rate booked attracts airmiles and as your first rental you will earn the first time booking bonus.

2) I understand that my Gold HH status will enable me to get a Gold Sixt card. Will this give me less/the same/more discount than a booking simply made through the Hilton corporate login? In short, is there any benefit to my joining Sixt Gold, over and above what I experience through direct Hilton discount?

The main benefit of obtaining the Gold Sixt Express Card is to speed up the booking process either online or over the telephone. You can also check in online to enable an even quicker pick up. The rates for you will be the same. We can store the HH number on your Express Card so that we automatically include the correct number on your reservations with us.

3) Does Gold Hilton or Gold Sixt entitle you to free upgrade?

Our branch staff will always aim to upgrade any customer regardless of status, however with a Sixt Express Platinum card we will always try our very best to upgrade you as this is one of the benefits of the card. Unfortunately the Gold HH card does not qualify you for a Sixt Platinum card.

4) Unrelated: if I am travelling in a group and I am booking one car, and we need a second, can I book the second car in my name, and get the associated benefits? Presumably all I would need to do is add a second driver of the second car, as I obviously can't drive two!? Is this allowed?

There would be a requirement for you the credit card holder to be present on collection for both vehicles and the additional driver fee would be charged in the case of the 2nd rental.

I hope you have a great New Year.