FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas Greetings from M&M in 2010
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:21 am
ralfkrippner
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Originally Posted by tcswede
With all respect - it was never -from day 1 - communicated in any HON literature that there would be fancy birthday presents and snazzy Christmas gift - yes it was nice to have but to take it for granted is a tad rich.

What enhancements are you talking about ? The closing of the Kassel Service Centre - yes that is really sour because Berlin sucks unfortunately more often than not - and in addition there is a serious attitude problem - the discontinuation of UA as HON miles - the reduction of Exec Bonus from 50 to 25 % - this should was all clear before you decided to whack out 11 or so K of € for a shiny card. If you now feel shortchanged - sorry but that is though luck because you have not realized that HON is a tool for frequent flyers - and as Murphy already said the more you fly the more likely there is something that can and will go wrong and this is where HON kicks in - because more often than not it will ease the pain - it will help you when you arrive in foreign places - mostly eastwards which is my main direction and also assist on the return. Thus one needs to valuate the service promise on beforhand if it fits with your requirements rather than moan on feeling shortchaged on issues that were never communicated.

Cheers

Thomas
Thomas, I don't see where I am moaning about beeing shortchanged. I certainly don't feel that way. And I really don't like that you post personal assumptions about me or my travel pattern.

But I do find it very strange how LH moves the HON programm from what it had been to what it is now. And not even getting a christmas card is one of the clear signs to see about those "enhancements". BTW, I don't really care about getting a personal christmas card - but in my business all of our active customers got handwritten cards and I feel LH could create a lot of goodwill by sending out some to their frequent travellers instead of that crap "we hope to see you alot onboard our planes in the next 365 days" message on a mass-mail stamped printed matter.