FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Up to 2,500 Bonus Miles - American Cellars Wine Club
Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:53 pm
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Mine also arrived today. They ought to have sent a shipping notice e-mail, but I wasn't expecting anything until possibly after New Year's as well.

The selection (I chose all reds, so I got 2 bottles each of 3x different reds) seems to be decent stuff, though the proof will be in the tasting. No miles yet, but I'm not expecting them for up to another 3-4 weeks.

Originally Posted by RNE
ACWC gets kudos on the packing job; keep in mind, you own the wine before it's shipped to you so if a soggy box shows up, I'm not sure who (if anyone) covers the breakage.
I would expect you'd refuse delivery and UPS would eat the cost (it would be ACWC who files the insurance claim with UPS). If you didn't get a chance to refuse delivery (e.g. someone else signed for the delivery and didn't bother to note the damage), you'd have to work it out with ACWC I believe.

Originally Posted by RNE
By the way, I received two bottles each of three different wines, not six different bottles.
I believe that was buried somewhere in the T&C. You'd get 6 different bottles if you didn't limit to reds or whites--limiting to either one got you 2 bottles of each of the 3 of that color. But easily overlooked, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by RNE
11:00 AM: I call ACWC and ask to cancel my membership. After a brief rigmarole, that is done, but I had to ask for a confirmation number. Shouldn't have to ask for that.
I'm debating how long to wait before doing that. I joined primarily for the bonus miles, but I do like wines, and will have to see how these are + what the typical costs are to see if it's worth keeping the membership for any time.